Are you looking for something to do over Spring Break? There are still many family-friendly volunteer opportunities available at hwmuw.org/volunteer.
Volunteering as a family is a special experience and can help teach kids about giving back. Kids and teens develop positive values like caring, empathy, and a commitment to service both now and in the future. Parents get to spend quality time with their children in a positive environment while serving as role models, leading by example, and passing on important values.
Examples of volunteer opportunities available next week:
- Ronald McDonald House Family Helping Families. Family members can help support staff in light cleaning and other activities. The Ronald McDonald House is also looking for volunteers to help make meals for the families or cookies and baked goods.
- Students 16+ can help with Habitat for Humanity. There are shifts available all week.
- The Salvation Army Kroc Center is in need of volunteers ages 18 and older to help facilitate activities such as the bounce house, gaga ball, coloring stations, and art room.
- There are also opportunities to volunteer from home. Family Promise is looking “Safe Space to Land” bags that contain items that may have gotten lost during a family’s housing crisis. You could go shopping to put together snack packs or activity packs for kids or assemble birthday bags to donate to a food pantry. Make cards or write letters to seniors or veterans at the Veteran Home.
- If you are traveling, collect the toiletries from the hotel to donate to a shelter or a pantry. If you need help finding local organizations that could use the items you’ve collected, we can help.
Find these and more at hwmuw.org/volunteer!