Together, We'll Make Waves of Change
If you throw a pebble into a pond, it makes ripples. But if you throw a boulder into a pond, it creates waves. Heart of West Michigan United Way is that boulder. Together, our community is creating waves of change in education, income and health to improve lives in Kent County.
- Quality education that leads to a stable job.
- Financial stability for all households.
- Access to good health at every stage of life.
United Way Responses
United Way builds partnerships:
- By investing in the work of more than 60 local agencies who serve more than 114,000 individuals each year.
- With 540 companies and 30,000 investors each year.
- By connecting 8,900 volunteers each year.
- By collaborating with multiple community organizations.
United Way executes direct services:
United Way engages the community:
- Community Conversations, Community Solution Teams, Facility Alliance, Lowell Community Fund, NextGen, Project Blueprint and Volunteer Center.
United Way is a financial steward:
- Early Learning Neighborhood Collaborative, Essential Needs Task Force, First Steps Kent, KConnect and Urban Core Collective.