Prepare and File your taxes online for free

If your household income was less than $66,000 last year, you can prepare and file your federal and state taxes online for free through H&R Block Premium as a service from United Way and our Kent County Tax Credit Coalition. It's easy to upload all of your tax documents into the system, and if you've filed with H&R Block or another online service before, you can import your previous years' tax information.

There are no hidden costs or fees through this program. You can prepare and e-file your federal and state returns 100% for free.

Every year millions of dollars in tax refunds and credits go unclaimed by those who need them the most. Through our online partnership with H&R Block and 15 Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites throughout our community, the Kent County Tax Credit Coalition helps working individuals and families achieve economic success buy making sure they claim all of the tax credits available. 

Since 2002, KCTCC has generated more than $83.5 million in tax credits for over 65,000 tax payers in Kent County. KCTCC clients often spend tax refunds locally for basic necessities such as food and clothing, home and car repairs, or medical treatment.

You may qualify for KCTCC ’s free in-person tax services if your household income is $55,000 or less. We can help you complete your income tax return and apply for the Federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), a refundable federal income tax credit. U.S. citizenship is not required, but you must file a tax return to claim your credit. 

Schedule your FREE tax prep appointment now by calling 2-1-1.

Find a tax preparation site in your neighborhood

Please call or contact 2-1-1 to schedule an appointment to have your tax return prepared for free. 

If you are filing jointly, both adults must be present at the appointment to sign the tax return. Please bring all of these documents with you:

  • Last year's heating bills
  • Proof of rent or mortgage and property tax payments
  • Childcare provider's name, address and federal tax identification number
  • Blank, voided check (to set up direct deposit of your refund)
  • Any other tax-related letters or documents your have received (including letters from the IRS)
  • Social Security card for each family member and picture ID for adults
  • W-2 form for all jobs worked the previous year
  • 1099 forms for other income, including unemployment
  • All Forms 1095
  • Health Insurance statements
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
  • Copy of last year's tax return